Here’s a great tip for you if you’re looking for a great place to watch the World Cup.
Celebrate the World Cup at Blaue Gans, Tribeca
by: Karina Calayag
JLo may not be singing ”We Are One (Ola Ola)” at the World Cup as had been planned with all the unsettling news going on in Brazil at this time, but the games will still go on and you can still enjoy the spectacle of it all and have a most exciting time surrounded with rivals and supporters at Chef Kurt Gutenbrunner‘s restaurant Blaue Gans in Tribeca.
Starting Thursday, June 12th, every game will be shown on the large screen TV at the bar as well as a large movie projector screen at the back of the popular Austrian-German restaurant.
Here’s the schedule and the menu.
From 11 am to closing, Blaue Gans will be serving a special World Cup menu, in addition to their regular a la carte, to include:
- Large Brez’n – liptauer, mustard $7
- Wurstball Brazil – avocado, corn, chilies $10
- Cheddar Brat Hot Dog – tomatoes, onions, peppers $9
- Spicy chicken wings $9
- Chicken liver mousse – cornichons $9
- Charcuterie plate $12
- Linguine with shrimp – lemon, tomatoes, spinach $14
German music will be playing and staff will be wearing soccer jerseys from different countries. As an incentive to attend the games early, they will offer Bitburgers at half the price to people who come 30 minutes or more prior to a game. If someone stays for a second or third game, this pricing will still be honored. Seating is first come first serve.
Finally, if the games are not that exciting enough for you, Blaue Gans will also be collecting business cards for a raffle, so be sure to have one ready to participate. Great prizes await:
- First Place – Dinner for two with wine pairing
- Second Place – Two red bull soccer tickets
- Third Place – Signed Neue Cuisine cookbook
- Fourth Place – German signed soccer ball